Sunday, December 20, 2009

TMI?

I’m trying to learn a thing or two, so I’m reading all these books about conception, pregnancy, childbirth, and all things related. Well, mostly I read a few pages, gag, and throw the book back in my library bag, but I’m trying. The one problem is: there seem to be more books in the library about adoption, infertility, and child behavior issues than any of the happy, rosy things I’m picturing. It’s gotten to the point where I know exactly which shelves I should stick to if I don’t want to leave depressed.


So far I’ve read contradicting information on several things, including when a woman is most likely to ovulate and how long semen can live in the vagina (eww, squirm-literally!). These seem like basic scientific facts to me but I guess they’re up for debate. And let me tell you how much I learned about hemorrhoids: a lot. Can one take back the baby-making one already tried? I’m not sure I’m ready for Preperation-H and donut-shaped seat cushions.

No comments:

Post a Comment