Saturday, May 15, 2010

Skeletor!

Hubby and I went to another ultrasound. This one, I guess, was just to check on growth and development and all things that should be happening to the Creature. From what I’ve read, ultrasounds aren’t particularly necessary but obviously hospitals want you to have them (cha-ching!)—and why wouldn’t you use modern technology to check on things? I’m glad they are recommended and possible because they are frickin’ incredible.

Last time Hub and I went to check out what was going on in there, it looked like the black abyss with a microscopic white human/alien floating in space; obvious body profile, but nothing else. It was kind of cute because it looked like an old-fashioned black and white profile cut out of paper (you know, the one of your grandfather, where the artist shined a light on his face and traced the outline on black paper behind him).This time it was like a super-x-ray from a crazy sci-fi movie complete with close up of kidneys. Kidneys! The baby is like five inches long and you can see it’s kidneys through my body and its body. What the?! I’m all for modern science but I really don’t understand it. The downside is x-ray science-freak baby isn’t as cute as old-fashioned profile baby. It was all nasal bones and spine. Again, very cool, just not too snuggly looking. At least it has five months to get some skin and muscles on there.

No comments:

Post a Comment