Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Photo Sesh #1

We got to see the little nugget yesterday, his/her first onscreen appearance. We already have a repeat date for a second photo session in two weeks because it wasn’t cooperating and letting nice ol’ Doc get a good photo and measurements. Rascal! However, it cooperated enough to show a booming heart beat which, as we know, was majorly stressing me out. I’m not too keen on statistics this time around, but statistics do tell me that seeing a heartbeat is majorly good news. Needless to say it lifted a load off my shoulders, although if I’m not exactly trusting what I hear I’m not sure why it helps…

This doctor is the bomb. He already noted that I could see him more often than “normal” pregnant ladies, and it sounds as if he is even going to suggest I come in more often than “normal” without me freaking out and asking him for visits in lieu of a script for anxiety medication. Phew. His PA is also rad. She rules at finding my veins, which is usually a complete puzzle for those blood-taker types. I like watching the needle go into my arm, is that weird?

They also have a magical pee-collector set-up where I get to look at up to two other “samples” just sitting in the bathroom. What would happen if I spit it one? I asked myself this twice already and it’s only just begun!

PS. Here is a crazy Google image of a 6 week fetus. yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment