Saturday, August 28, 2010

to say or not to say?

People say “Everything happens for a reason.” People say “At least he’s with God now.” People say “You’re young and you can try again soon.” Some people don’t say anything. Well, none of that helps. What was the reason? Why would God be so selfish? Do you seriously think I want to a) even think about going through that again so soon and b) have a different child? I want the one I started in January! And those of you who didn’t respond to the news that took me literally hours to muster up the courage to share, don’t you have anything to say? I appreciate that this is a sad, horrible situation and that plenty of people don’t think they can handle it or that they don’t know what to do to help (hence the crappy advice). But something I’ve learned is that a few words say the most: “I’m sorry. I love you. I’m here for you.” The list goes on, actually. Believe it or not I think there are more right things to say than wrong…and frankly, I’d rather have you say something I find to be “wrong” at the time than keep quiet. While I can’t promise I won’t paste it on my blog later and bitch about it I can promise I appreciate the effort. Maybe that’s just me, but I’m keeping that in mind for my ownself in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment