Monday, February 15, 2010

Tinkle Test

I did it; I peed on the stick. It was gross. It splashed a little. The directions said that “first-morning urine” is best, and I didn’t really realize how badly I had to go I guess. Anyway, I had the directions laid out on the sink in front of me, and while I tried to hold it in I read the directions twice. When I thought I understood and wouldn’t mess it up, I ripped open that foil package, popped off the cap, and had a nice whiz while hovering over the toilet. As soon as I was done, I capped it back up and set it down warily next to the directions. I read them again. I looked at the contraption. I turned it over so I could actually see the correct side. It said I should wait 2 minutes: yeah, right. I went and changed out of my jammies and came sprinting back in. Someone looking in the window (not that somebody was) would have thought I had fallen prey to a stomach bug and was running for cover. Lo and behold, among the dehydrated yellow damp were two lines. Positive! I read the directions again about three times, smiling and having hot flashes of disbelief. What now?

No comments:

Post a Comment