Thursday, February 25, 2010

Social Outings

Aside from work people, and good old Ed, Purveyor of Bridesmaids’ Dresses, I haven’t seen anyone special since I had the positive pee-stick. I haven’t had to avoid alcohol in front of anyone, have a secret giggle with Hubby in front of anyone, wonder if my period just came late in front of anyone. So, spending last weekend with some of my college buddies was an interesting experience. It would be so easy just to say “yay, we’re having a baby” and then pass on the wine and Brie, but, alas, we’re going the first-trimester-disclosure route and I’m going to see how good a liar I am until that time. Luckily we were all busy working both days so it wasn’t odd that I said I was a bit tired, dehydrated, and not very interested in boozing. Plus, it’s pretty easy to blend in at a table for 18…and to hold an empty beer can pretending it’s full. You don’t even have to pretend to drink it, just hold it, seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment