Monday, March 1, 2010

Blood testing

I finally got through to my doctor and her people that we’ve had blastoff! Of course, again, the office seemed a little discombobulated; I called to schedule a first appointment with a doctor, including an ultrasound, and the lady on the phone said “What do you need an ultrasound for?” Well, um, Doc told me to call and get one so…I have no idea, help me out lady. I finally called back later in the day and got a different receptionist who hooked me up.

The first step is donating about a gallon of blood for testing. The tech stuck in that needle and then had to wiggle it around to hit the vein. Oy! I would rather have her pull it out and try again five times than pull it half-way out and just jam it around at different angles for a few minutes. Man, it hurt. Normally I don’t mind but it was bad. I do like watching the little tubes fill up though—fascinating! Next, some more pee. I definitely feel sorry for the lab techs who have to deal with the cups of pee. I get why they have to put labels on them, but it doesn’t make it any less obvious that it’s hard for women to aim…

No comments:

Post a Comment