Friday, March 5, 2010

Night sickness

And so they say morning sickness is a lie. A lie in that it does not happen just in the morning. I have been lucky to avoid such nonsense as the morning sickness, and trust me when I tell you I am knocking on wood. However, my feelings at night time are not so fortuitous. While I am usually starving by the time I get home from work around 9pm, I am also not at all hungry. Something in my body tells me not to eat. This is when I can be found lying on the couch in a semi-coma, staring at the tv. I don’t want to get up because I am light-headed from being so hungry, but I don’t want to eat anything either because absolutely nothing sounds appealing. Not only does nothing sound appealing, the thought of eating something just makes me not even a bit hungry in the remotest. Picturing what I would eat to quell the hunger is almost as good at filling me up as actually feeding myself. However, when I am distracted by the stupidity on television and forget that I don’t feel so hot, my stomach grumbles again and the cycle continues. At least sleeping is not a problem, because I can usually retire early and sleep it away. Well, sleeping isn’t a problem yet. I’ve read all about how that’s coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment