Friday, February 5, 2010

A Baby Story

Have you seen this show? It follows a family through the birth of their new addition. Sometimes they already have kids and are worried about that, sometimes they don’t have kids yet so they’re all nervous about being first timers. Sometimes the woman is obsessed with how much pain labor is going to be, and some women push out the baby like it’s just another day in the office. Sometimes the man is a jerk, and sometimes he is amazing and I want him for my husband. Oh dear. Is some of it disgusting? Yes. Is some of it sappy and tear-inducing? Yes. Maybe it’s my hormones, but I get pretty misty eyed anytime this show is on. And it’s one of those things you can’t look away from, so even though I don’t really want to be watching television and there’s actually nothing on I want to watch-at all- I still keep this on “in the background” and then stare at it leaning half way off the couch in suspense while ignoring whatever else I’m supposed to be doing.

Here’s what this show has taught me: I will never allow a video camera near me giving birth. I’m pretty sure I knew that anyway, but really, now I know know.

No comments:

Post a Comment