Wednesday, September 15, 2010

sharing sad stories

So, I already mentioned hubby and I joined a support group. On the drive up to the first one my heart was beating out of my chest because I was so nervous; not sure why, but that’s me. This is also when I am most talkative (aka talkative at all) and I ruined the NPR story for Hubby, but that’s another tale. Now, after getting that first drive out of my system, and we only have one meeting left, I am super sad it is almost over. I want to keep going! I want to keep sharing stories with these kind strangers. I want them to be my friends. I want to follow their lives and see them when they have happy times come to them. I want them to try to have more babies and have successful pregnancies and then see those fat, screaming babies alive and kicking in their stupid hospital photos! I want to talk to them about something other than miscarriage, stillbirth, and little baby deaths. Instead, we have one more meeting.

At least with email we can keep in touch and I can, at the risk of being skeevy, pry into their lives once in a while. And at least we are having a potluck dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment