Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Bone tired

I feel that I have been bone tired for the past week, but I’ve only really heard that phrase probably once before so I can’t be sure. In order to better explain what “bone tired” means, I checked www.urbandictionary.com to see if they had an enlightening definition (since Google didn’t have one and urbandictionary is funny). They did not; they had a definition for “boner-kill” though, if you are interested.

About being bone tired: it is exhausting! I can barely drag myself out of bed at the quite reasonable hour of or following 8:30am. And I can’t even stay awake for the last, most important five minutes of our nightly episode of 24 (Kim just tried to escape-gasp!), which we start by 8:30pm. Sometimes I make it to bed where I can read a book for a while, but lately I’ve been passing out on the couch with my dinner plate in my lap. Well, not quite, but the couch part is true and it feels like I just ate dinner. The moments between the couch and bed are torture, even though I have to move about 20 feet total and merely brush my teeth, pee, and swallow some pills (I’m already in my jammies, naturally). Forget cleaning dishes at night. Just thinking about the energy it will take to walk the dog each morning makes me want to lie down. It’s pathetic. However, it is quite worth it. Not only am I making a baby, but Hubby totally supports my lying down and sleeping habits. Translation: he takes over the nighttime cooking and cleaning and does not question what many would see as complete laziness. Gotta love him!

I remember having to sleep 12 hours a day last time around at the end of the second trimester (aka 20 weeks from now, oy), but it was split between the most amazing afternoon nap-time ever and regular sleeping hours. Let’s just hope I get some energy at some point between now and then or else nothing will get done around here. Unless Hubby does it…hmm, we might be on to something here…

No comments:

Post a Comment