Friday, June 25, 2010

The Magical Disappearing Navel

Well, I guess I should have seen it coming, as now I am seeing it going…my bellybutton that is. Every once in a while I’ll catch a glimpse and see that it has become flat and smooshed, baring it’s once hidden depths to the world. Slut. I’m not at the point of “turkey’s done,” which I imagine, at this rate, will eventually occur, but the Creature is certainly putting some pressure on that belly button to make some space! The widening of said belly has stretched my once cute button into a weird, flat shape that becomes more and more just a bit of a slit every day. It's like when you push your lips together with your hands and squish them back and forth to make fishy-face (I have a vision of Julia Roberts doing this in a movie...anyone help with that?). And the way my uterus is growing, it is pushing the button up toward me at an angle great for viewing how weird it has become. Sigh. Maybe I’ll do some research on what crazy wives’ tales the belly button beholds.

No comments:

Post a Comment