Wednesday, June 30, 2010

My, the heat!

I have definitely noticed a rise in temperature recently, and it’s not just summer time, it’s me. This is how I know: I flew last weekend in a sundress only. Normally I would have a hooded sweatshirt, pants, socks and shoes, and then maybe use another shirt for extra warmth/pillow. Now, I’m not the girl on the plane who keeps ringing the flight attendant for more blankets, (those blankets are icky!) but I do usually have to close the air vents and draw my hoodie all the way closed to get remotely comfortable. Alas, the days of being able to layer are gone. I basically sweat my way through take-off and landing, hoarded all the air vents and cold drinks I could attain, and let my bare arms, legs, and feet emanate heat. The poor person sitting next to me!


Since my destination was Charleston, South Carolina, you can probably imagine how this raised body temperature treated me. Not nicely. I managed an outdoor adventure to the farmer’s market, and we spent most of an afternoon in the spa getting our nails done and gossiping with the nosy technician, and then we escaped to the beach for a day, but still, I felt like a hot dog in the ballpark steamer machine. Sitting in air conditioned restaurants is no longer a problem, but walking the dog any time between 9am and 7pm has become too much. I’m just hot and it’s all I can do to sit on the couch in my undies and write.

1 comment: